Donate Your Stock to Bello Machre
Thank you for your interest in giving to Bello Machre through a donation of stocks, bonds, and other securities.
Gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, and other securities often provide a significant tax benefit. Contributions of appreciated stock held for more than a year are generally deductible at market value, regardless of what you paid for them. In fact, donating stock saves even more taxes than donating cash, since there is no capital gains tax when appreciated securities are given to Bello Machre.
Please download our easy Stock Donation Form, as well as consult with your tax advisor for specific tax advice when giving securities.
Steps to Donating Your Stock
Please download our easy to use Stock Donation Form
- Notify Cullen Murray, First Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor, before transferring any stock.
- Email, mail, or fax form to Tracy Lynott, Development Director at Bello Machre, notifying her of your donation.
- Consult with your tax advisor for specific tax advice when giving securities.
FAQs About Stock Donations
Why Donate Stock Instead Of Cash?
Donating to a charity by any means is generous. However, when it comes to donating stocks vs. cash, there are some benefits. Due to capital gains tax laws, by donating a stock that has appreciated for more than a year, you are giving 20% more than if you sold the stock and then made a cash donation.
What Are The Tax Benefits Of Donating Stock?
Donating stock directly to a qualified organization, nonprofit, or charity is one of the most tax-smart ways to give. After giving your appreciated shares, you can buy new shares to reset your cost basis at the current, higher price. Donating reduces your future capital gains tax exposure if the stock continues to grow in value.
What Will Bello Machre Do With My Stock Donation?
Your donation will help enrich the lives of the developmentally disabled children and adults we serve. Your tax-deductible donation will help:
- Stock the cupboards with food in our new home
- Purchase a new kitchen table and chairs
- Install a new barrier-free lift system
- Finance a new fully wheelchair accessible home
- Purchase a new lift van to take our folks to work and community outings